Fruity DX10 is an 8-voice polyphonic FM synth (Frequency Modulation) and is designed for high quality (low aliasing) sound and low processor usage. This plugin is an enhanced version of Paul Kellett's DX10 FM synth.
FM synthesis involves modulating the pitch of one oscillator (waveform) with another. If the modulator is of high enough frequency, rather than hearing a rising and falling pitch, you hear a new 'tone'.
FM created a sensation in the mid 80's when it enabled sounds like realistic bells, piano and acoustic bass to be synthesized for the first time.
Click the piano keyboard icon at the top right corner of the interface to show/hide the keyboard in Fruity DX10's interface.
- Wave Brightness (WAVE) - Turning the knob to the right adds brightness to the generated sound.
- Octave Shift (COARSE) - Use this knob to shift the octaves of the synth.
- Vibrato LFO Rate (LFO RATE) - Sets the speed of the vibrato effect.
- Vibrato Amount (VIB) - Sets the vibrato amplitude amount (vibrato strength).
Contains controls to set the volume envelope of the sound
- Envelope Attack (ATT) - Sets the attack (fade in) length of the synth.
- Envelope Decay (DEC) - Sets the decay (fade out) length of the synth.
- Envelope Release (REL) - Sets the release (fade out after key is released) length of the synth.
- Coarse Tune (COARSE) - Use to set the modulation speed (pitch).
- Fine Tune (FINE) - Use to fine tune the modulation speed (pitch).
- Modulation Velocity (VEL.SENS) - Sets the velocity of the modulation.
- Pass Through (THRU) - Turn to the right to mix the modulation wave with the output (apart from modulation of the signal). This control is available only for the first modulator.
- Amplitude Init (INIT) - The start amplitude of the modulation.
- Amplitude Time (TIME) - Time needed for the modulation amplitude to reach the sustain level (see below).
- Amplitude Sustain (SUS) - The sustain amplitude of modulation.
- Amplitude Release (REL) - The time needed for the modulation amplitude to reach zero after key release.
Show/Hide Keyboard switch
Shows/hides the keyboard.
This VSTi have 80s instruments styles. If you want to make Retro Genre maybe this VSTi will match. I know this plugin have Less Presets or Instrument Packs. But, if you can operate and modified all setting that will be other story. Just try it, for make some other instrument character. And maybe if I have much time I will teach you about Making Other/s Instrument Character on Fruity DX10.
Ok, that's all. Next, I will write about Fruity Envelope Controller. Have a good day...